Saturday, October 18, 2008

Last night in Chicago for a While

We've had a great trip to Chicago this October break. In our second full day in Chicago we made it all the way to the top of the Sears Tower before heading over to the Field Museum and the Adler Planetarium. It was a good trip to the Museum Campus but we could have used another day or so at the Field Museum alone. Today the girls got dolls at the American Girl doll store after our trip to the Museum of Science and industry. I had great memories of the Museum of Science and Industry as a kid and was glad to get my own kids in too see what I still think is a great museum that helps non-scientists appreciate what's going on in science and how it effects everyday life.

This trip has been different than my last couple of trips to Chicago. I seem to remember a few St Patricks day trips that I made in my 20's that were sure different than this trip. No late night concerts at the House of Blue this time. Instead we've been finding the kid friendly parts of museums and just experiencing the city with a couple of people who are seeing something brand new at each and every turn.

Its been neat to see the city with the help of two five-year-olds who really get excited about life and even things that might be brushed aside by adults as ordinary and everyday. Riding the L all around the city was a highlight for the girls and the train-buff in me. One thing that I didn't do was take many train pictures (Sorry Dee). I did get a few pictures of the awesome HO layout in the Museum of Science and Industry.

No comments: