Sunday, April 5, 2009

Giving thanks at the start of Holy Week

Its common, among preachers, to have a sort of general discontent this time of year. Lent's home stretch takes alot out of time and prayer. But this year I don't feel the unease; rather I'm feeling some relief.
After a couple years of ministry in interim mode I'm enjoying Holy Week in a new place with new opportunities that come from being in a fully staffed team.
Taking a new call seemed pretty crazy at first; but my beloved reminded me that we don't have to worry. We learned to pray and have faith leaving things in God's hands and not our own to resolve the challenges of our move.
We both came up with plenty of reason not to move. We both needed jobs; then my beloved got a good offer a few days after I had a formal offer. Next we needed our house to sell; and it did. All this time our older 2 girls kept growing; we had a beautiful baby girl who is smiling in my lap right now. It's been pretty amazing.
This past week the last details of our move west came into place a week after we started unpacking in our new home. Our old house closed Friday a week later than scheduled. Turns out the buyers bank wasn't ready on time. But a week later it was done. We paid a extra half moth's interest on the loan and walked away.
Now's time for giving thanks: we had a good house, a new person is moving in. We worked with a great Realtor who came through right at the end and held back some of his profit for a few months to complete the sale; for all that and more we give thanks to our generous God.

No comments: