Thursday, January 8, 2009

Contemplating Something New

The older I get the more adverse I get to taking risks. But today the risk I've been avoiding, moving, seems pretty tiny compared to the possibility of a new start in a new call in ministry.

A few regular readers of this blog know that I've been contemplating seeking a new call for many months. I haven't said much about it online. I made the decision to seek a new call in the summer and started interviewing some this fall. While I haven't said much online I have been working towards a new call in the real world.

My wife and I now are waiting for a congregational vote. It will happen in a few weeks. If we choose to move we'll have to sell our home and start over with two new jobs, a new home, new school and lots of other new and changing things. We still have much to decide: when we'll announce our decision, how long we'll stay after we announce, and what we'll do if our house won't sell.

Its been quite a year for us. Somehow realizing in the middle of all the joys of expecting our 3rd girl that it's the right time for dad to move to a new church has really given us cause to pray and to appreciate that timing isn't really ours to control.

We appreciate any prayers you might have as we ask for God's assurance that this is not our will but God's will.

thanks
unlikely

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be in my prayers and I know that the Lord will make full use of you whatever you decide to do.

That's the great thing about His freedom, it isn't dependent on us. It is always there for us and He will use even our sin to get what He wants done.

God bless you and your family!

troutbirder said...

Good luck! I would have a hard time leaving beautiful Bluff Country but, of course, there are always new horizons.

Anonymous said...

As the father of twins you already know that oftentimes changes don't come one at a time. His love and His caring carries us each day amidst all of the turbulence. Blessings and prayers as you consider all of these changes.