Sunday, February 1, 2009

A new call

I announced, in church this morning, that I have recieved a new call to serve as a pastor in a different church. After 5 years, the past two working with various interim pastors, it seems like a good time for us to move on to a new call. The news was a surprise for most everyone. There were lots of hugs and a lot of surprised expressions and word for both me and my beloved.
I received the formal letter extending the call 8 days ago. My beloved received an offer from a clinic in the same town just 3 days ago. It's a very exciting and hopeful time for both of us and our girls; now we just need to sell our house.
We told the kids that this move was a possibility 2 weeks ago. We told them it was a secret. They said it would be hard to keep. They surprised us by keeping it as well as they did. Tomorrow they can start sharing the news, just like I am tonight.
Pax,
unlikely

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Godspeed to you and your family at your new call!

May you be a bold underline of His gracious Word there!

- Steve

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you all as you change jobs and cities.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with this new venture. Of course, we have a selfish reason for this as we hope to see more of you now.
-Dee

Pastor Eric said...

As I said before, congratulations. Any idea on your start date?