Sunday, February 17, 2008

Trout season's coming...

It's winter time and aside from skiing with the dog, sledding with the girls, and running with the dog (on mornings my wife has to get to work early or Sunday when I have to get to work early), I'm all out of my usual outdoor pass times.

To put it plainly, trout and pheasant aren't in season and I haven't got the time to really get into skiing this winter enough to train for any races. Last night a local fishing addict/guru told me about the new patterns he's tied this winter. I guess I'm not the only one thinking about fishing and trout. Maybe I'll have to try the winter catch and release trout season this year, who knows.


This Friday was a great time to go inside. I was in Minneapolis with my girls and my folks at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. We saw some great art, I'd especially recommend Albert Bickle's Telegraph Operator, Dega's Portrait of a Little Girl, Signac's Blessing of the Tuna Fleet. and Monet's Pheasants and Plovers .


Tonight in anticipation of the annual Mother's Day Weekend Trouter I started to look up trout streams on Google Earth and stumbled upon a video of winter trout fishing in Minnesota. Many favorite spots were washed out last year in the floods. This video is from Youtube of fishing last winter in the area. I just hope it comes back as good I remember it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I gotta learn fly fishing.