Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Discernment

My partner in ministry is leaving active parish ministry. It's been over a year since he was last full time. I've been in a sort of limbo playing a big game of coverall for over a year. It leaves a big question, "what do I now?" The answer seems to be discern God's will. Pray and listen for God's response. My most frequent prayer in all this is, "not my will, but thy will."

So I'd appreciate your prayers for my partner as he leaves active ministry after 30 years and for myself and I discern what is coming next. I pray for guidance for the church I serve, my family, and myself.

thanks

unlikely

2 comments:

Ivy said...

You will certainly be in our prayers. Could an intern help fill the gaps a bit? Just a thought. God give you wisdom, guidance, and strength in this uncertain time. Peace.

Pastor Eric said...

Wow...a big adjustment coming up. You're in my prayers as well. Take care of yourself.