Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Join Kiva!

Hello!

I did it again. I loaned money to people in places on the globe I will never probably go; but hey it's good to know that a little of the money I have can make a positive impact in a far way part of the world.

I made the loan tonight to someone in Peru using Kiva (www.kiva.org).

Any one with a few bucks and a computer hooked up to the internet can do it. Just go to Kiva's website. Kiva loans support small businesses and as the owners build their businesses they it turn can support their families.

I have appreciated the stories and pictures connected to each loan, that as well as the ratings of the partner lenders who work with Kiva, has been a great asset as I consider who and where to lend money. There's a unique chance to support entrepreneurs by giving them loans at rates commercial lenders would never offer.

Kiva provides brief descriptions of the business and the family who it supports. As lenders we get to decide who to support.

All Kiva loans are managed in country by local microfinance institutions. Its not big banks making the loans, its people in many countries working through agencies already on the ground.

I just made a loan to an entrepreneur named VIRGEN NATIVIDAD DE LARES Group in Peru. They still need another $3,700.00 to complete their loan request of $4,150.00 (you can loan as little as $25.00!). Help me get this entrepreneur off the ground by clicking on the link below to make a loan to VIRGEN NATIVIDAD DE LARES Group too:

http://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=businesses&action=about&id=109305

It's easy and it invites a different world view into the way we view money.
https://www.kiva.org/app.php?page=register&_isc=1fb9bf50-4ff1-11de-911c-dc6669dc15d3&_te=inu

No comments: