Sunday, June 14, 2009

New Canoe

A week ago my beloved encouraged me to buy a canoe and not just look at it in the ad in the newspaper. I've been considering getting a canoe for about 2 months now. We moved to a new house and we live just a couple blocks from a chain of 5 lakes. My bride's logic seemed clear: it's the end of Spring and we'd have a chance to use the canoe for a whole season if we bought it now and not at the end of the season. The sale price was great and I jumped at it. Tonight was the maiden voyage in the new boat, a red Pelican Explorer DLX. Its a 15 foot 3 seater.

I took the canoe out for a spin at about 7:30. The lake was relatively of boats but the shore was full of people fishing. There were reports of crappies and sunny from the folks on shore. The only folks out on the water fishing were out in another canoe. I saw a few jet skis and boats full of familiyes headed towars home. and a few boats. It was a good first time out tonight. It was great to be out on the water again other than a trip with kids . It's been a good while since I've been out and it was a great hour on the water.

My goal is to get out with my daughters before to long with rods and see if they can start catching fish.

No comments: