Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday with our youngest. Writing Goal Day 5

There's something wonderful about each of our children. Sure our oldest two are identical twins but they are still wonderfully unique people. Today's Friday, my day off, so I got to spend most of it with our youngest.
She's 15 months old and has moxie and what our neighbor who ate next to her at the picnic table in the back yard on Monday called an infectious smile.
She has started to express strong opinions about her direction and even about food and clothes. She starts everyday with two brown and serve sausage minced into bite size morsels.
One more thing about her is that she has a very close relationship with our American Water Spaniel. I didn't grow up with dogs and until I had my own was always a little afraid. Memories of an encounter with my Godparent's dog stuck with me for a long time. I am not sure if I was afraid of dogs before I met Elfie or if it just came on because she was such a high energy lab and so independent ready to chase me away and scaring me by snapping. My uncle thought I had bothered her when she was eating.
Now I have my own dog and my own little girl tugs at his tail. We've been working to gentle him playing with his ears and mouth from 6 weeks on. He's wonderfully gentle and ever our youngest seems to know how to live with his 3 year old energy. Anytime he rushes past as he comes in looking for water after being outside she's on her feet too keeping her balance by being in motion.
Our little girls uses the dog, Teddy, as a couch, she'll make sure he's right behind her and then slide right against his dark brown fur cozy and comfortable. It's amazing to think she's 15 months old. It's even more amazing that our older two turn 7 next month.

No comments: