Monday, May 24, 2010

sleepless and sleepy writing goal day 8

The phone rang at home about 2 this afternoon.
One of our girls was sound asleep in class. Her teacher called the office. She just wouldn't wake up. I hustled over and was sent to the classroom. This same girl slept poorly last night. Up before 4 am playing in the toy kitchen, reading, drawing and cutting out picture and making story boards.
I walked in the class room and found her just as the school secretary described, sound asleep at her desk. The pencil was still upright in her left hand. Her head was resting on her right arm. After lots of prompting she just wouldn't get up. Her skin was cold. I tapped her arm. She barely stirred. I picked her up. She fell into my shoulders. I didn't pay much attention to her backpack or anything else. I carried her out of the classroom and stopped at the office. She barely said hi to the principal.
One the way home she perked up a little. Once we got home she walked inside. We got some some orange juice and a nutty bar in her tummy she rejuvenated. After some time with a good baby sister and a good baby sitter she rejuvenated enough to go on a play date. She's sound asleep now. Hopefully 10 hours tonight will help her catch up.

No comments: