Saturday, May 22, 2010

It's hot writing goal day 6

It's hot.
There's no way to hide it. The weather forecasters were right. A heat wave has arrived full force.
The old house we bought a year ago in March hasn't got central air. Two window units help a little; but there's no way to get around the fact that it's just hot here in the summer and our three bedroom rambler was cooler than our 4 bedroom 96 year old two story.
Funny thing, I don't really want to install AC, and it's not just because I'm cheap. The one thing that I'd like to add to our house is a big shade tree in the front yard. For some reason a prior owner said it was okay to cut down a beautiful maple tree in the boulevard while the street and sewer were being rebuilt a few years ago. If I could go back in time I would ask him not to take away shade from the west side of the house. Oh well. Maybe it's time to research what the fastest growing shade tree is in the upper mid-west.

No comments: